The internal auditing unit is an independent position inside the refinery that aims to examine all financial and accounting issues as well as other issues concerning the refinery, with the aim of serving the administration, as a type of administrative monitoring. It aims to measure and evaluate the degree of adequacy of the other control systems.
The main goal for the internal auditor is to support the company’s administration in carrying out its responsibilities by examination, evaluation and giving its opinion in the policies, plans, procedures and records, especially those concerning with the following:
1. The adequacy of the accounting and finance systems used in the refinery and adequacy of the monitoring systems used for the institution’s operations
2. Implementation of the policies put in place by the project’s administration
3. Protecting the company’s assets from all types of loss
4. Accuracy of the accounting data contained in books and records
5. Follow up of performance implementation and its evaluation in terms of quality and reaching administrative adequacy in general.